Enjoy this seasonal favorite in the comfort of your own home!
2 tbsp. canned pumpkin
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice + more to garnish
freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. sugar
2 c. whole milk
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
¼ c. espresso or strong coffee
optional: 2 oz. coffee liqueur or rum
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and black pepper – to taste, for 2 minutes, or until hot. Stir continuously.
- Add sugar and stir until becomes a bubbly, thick syrup.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla and warm gently over medium heat. Be careful not to reach a boil.
- Froth with a hand blender or whisk until frothy.
- Pour coffee into two mugs and add frothed milk.
- Optional: add 1 oz. liquor to each mug, more or less to taste
- Top with whipped cream and pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg, to taste.
(adapted from thekitchn.com)