- 2 c. Ripe cantaloupe cut into chunks
- 1 Ripe large peach, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 c. Freshly blended peach nectar (or canned)
- ½ c. White Zinfandel (or ½ c. peach nectar)
- 2 tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c. Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Sugar or other sweetener
- Fresh mint sprigs
Fresh Peach Nectar
- Start with soft, ripe, fragrant peaches.
- Submerge peaches in boiling water until skin loosens.
- Remove peaches from hot water and submerge in ice water.
- Once peaches cool, peel and remove pits and cut into chunks.
- Liquefy peaches with water (2:1 ratio) in blender.
- In blender or food processor, combine fruit, nectar and wine until smooth.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Chill soup until cold in covered container, at least 1 hour.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with raspberries.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
Adapted from Jane Shapton, myrecipes.com